Sunday, March 27, 2011

I went skiing!!

I went skiing today, and I was very happy!

Because I got 100 percent on my test, my dad promised me to take me skiing. So on Sunday, my whole family, including my baby brother (he is two) and my uncle, went to Snowbird to ski. I had never skied before. But I know what ski means because I watched Goofy skiing on the mountain on TV before. He was funny! I thought skiing was not hard, and it wasn't.

We left at 11 o'clock. It took one hour to get there, and it was a beautiful sunny day in the mountains! We went to a place called Snowbird to meet Tony and Tina, my mom's friends. First I put my new skiing jacket on. Then I put on the skis. We found a skiing school for kids and babies, so we went in there and learned how to ski. My baby brother also learned, but he didn't like it and just wanted my mom to carry him all the time. Then he fell asleep.

I was doing better. So Tony took me onto the lift so I can ski for real. I was afraid that I might fall off the lift. I don't want to die. Luckily, I didn't fall. Then we skied downhill. My dad taught me how to slow down using snowplow, so when I went downhill, I didn't go that fast, so I didn't fall down. After I skied a few more times, I wasn't afraid any more, so I skied faster. I only fell a few times, and it didn't hurt because the snow was thick. My dad was very surprised when he saw me skiing down all by myself. I was very proud of myself.

When we were going home, I was very tired and fell asleep in the car. I had a fun day! I hope I could ski again soon. That means I need to get 100 percent on my test again.

1 comment: