Monday, May 23, 2011

My first gold medal!

About a week ago, I had a figure skating competition. The name of the competition is Reach For the Peaks 2011. It was held at The Peaks Arena in Provo, Utah.

I had been practicing for the competition for a long time. All the moves were choreographed by Rory, my skating coach. The music is called The Kingdom Dance, and was picked by Khristen, my former coach.

On the day of the competition, my whole family came to cheer for me. When I was on the ice, I was scared because so many people were watching. But I didn't make any mistakes. My dad recorded my performance and made a movie. He posted the movie on the Internet so everyone can watch. This is the first competition I had ever done. Later I was told that I had won the gold medal. I was very happy. Khristen gave me some beautiful flowers to congratulate me. I liked the flowers very much.

When I got the gold medal, my mom and dad were very proud of me. My baby brother didn't know what was happening, but he was happy too.

Rory thought that I did a good job. She wants me to participate in another state competition in July. That means I need to practice more.

You can watch the video of my performance below. Enjoy my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment