Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Went to the Library

Today I went to the Provo City Library with my dad.

After school, I was waiting for someone in my family to pick me up. I waited and waited and no one showed up. So I went to the school office to call my mom. While I was dialing the phone numbers, I saw someone coming. It was my dad. I told him that he came late, but he didn't think so. Then I saw the book and DVD from the library sitting on the seat, so I asked, "Are we going to the library?" He replied, "Yes!" I was very excited.


Soon, we were at the library. The library has many rooms. We went to the section for kids. It is a big place with lots of books. We first got eight DVD movies, including Dora Explore The Earth and The Prince, the Princess and the Bee. I also picked a bunch of books. I made sure the books I picked are easy to read for me. For example, You Read to Me, I'll Read to You, and Terrible Storms. We checked out a total of 12 books. I need to read all of them in three weeks. Dad told me that when he was little, he loved reading books. He would use his parents' library cards to check out books. I have my own library card, and there is a frog on it. I don't actually like reading because it takes a lot of time to read and it makes me tired. But I know reading is good for me.

On our way home, I read a book called Pearl's New Skates. I'll tell you about the book in another blog.

1 comment: