Thursday, April 28, 2011

My skating lesson

Today I had a skating lesson from my teacher Rory.

I have been learning figure skating for almost a year now. My mom loves figure skating very much. When she was little, she couldn't learn to skate, so she really wanted me to skate. It's like a way to fulfill her childhood dream.

I love skating myself because it's like dancing on ice. Every week I have three skating lessons, one group lesson and two private lessons. Each lesson is 30 minutes. I would go to Peaks Ice Arena in Provo to take lessons.

In today's lesson I learned many new moves, but I don't know their names. My teacher Rory is a good teacher because she is very kind and patient, and always corrected my moves. Rory is a very famous figure skater. She had won many championships and medals. She can do a back flip on the ice. I've included a video of her performance below, so you can see for yourself.

I will be having a competition on May 14th. It's my first competition ever. I am practicing a lot. I hope my dad would come and see my competition.


1 comment: